As a professional courtesy, the Southern California Association of Occupational Health Nurses maintains a list of job openings and grants in occupational health and related fields.
If you wish to have a position listed here, please check our Job Posting information page
Bilingual Spanish, Occupational Nurse
This position as a Bilingual Spanish, Occupational Nurse, provides on-site medical treatment. Provides general nursing care and wellness leadership to employees as well as all biological monitoring in keeping with the Lead Standard. Manages all aspects of Trojan Battery Company’s Occupational Health and Wellness Program. The position will also provide treatment, scheduling mandatory medical testing, and arranging safety and health programs. This position also collaborates with the management team in the assessment, treatment, tracking and cost analysis of work related illness and injuries. * Spirometry and Audiometry certification required*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide nursing assessment, treatment, tracking, follow-up and referrals and emergency care for health conditions, injuries and illnesses consistent with health services and case management protocol.
- Assess employees with medical illnesses and emergencies and take appropriate action according to established protocol.
- Maintain HIPAA and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of case management, emergency first aid procedures and nursing practice, clinical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of company programs, policies and procedures in order to make appropriate decisions and referrals.
- General knowledge of health and medical issues to provide resource information to employees and management.
- Ability to discern needs and to take appropriate action.
- Good communication, interpersonal, multi-tasking and negotiating skills with an ability to develop trust and rapport with employees, departments and the management team.
- Ability to network and interface with the management team and other professionals to ensure appropriate communication.
- Provide or manage the required physical evaluation programs and services to meet regulatory requirement; such as OSHA, Department of Transportation, CDC, etc.
- Administer the company’s Drug-Free Workplace Program.
- Assist with the accident investigation program to identify root cause analysis of all incidents and near misses.
- Evaluate and treat all injuries and illnesses in an efficient and professional manner within the scope of practice and consistent with clinical nursing guidelines
- Provide appropriate case management
- Manage all cases to facilitate productivity, assuring appropriate care and return to work
- Maintain OSHA records/ reports and worker medical files
- Assist departments with identifying, evaluating, and implementing accommodations and return to work options for workers with restricted duty.
- Collaborate with Environmental Health and Safety, Operations, and Human Resources to develop operations, programs, and services by providing content expertise.
- Sponsors strategic health initiatives
- Supervises all aspects of Trojan Battery Company’s Occupational Health and Wellness Programs
- Insures continuity of all biological monitoring as well as all medical interventions for employees
- Reviews all Company medical records on a timely basis (at least once yearly)
- Participates in all aspects of the Health and Safety Program
- Manages Medical Department budget
- Follows quality system procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the Bilingual Spanish, Occupational Nurse, must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with Federal and State Industrial Requirements
- Working knowledge of Lead Standards
- Must be skilled in case management
- Knowledge of state and federal regulatory and compliance issues (OSHA, Lead Standard Worker's Comp, Blood Borne Pathogens, etc.).
- Competent licensed healthcare professional
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Must be an independent performer
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Must keep current within the industrial medicine field
- Strong desire and enthusiasm for understanding and satisfying client needs.
- Must be detail oriented and possess great interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Computer Skills, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience with ERM such as OHM preferred
- Must be willing to travel to other locations to assist with audits, training, and setup of new facilitates.
Education and/or Experience
- Active state nursing license as registered nurse.
- Bachelor’s degree and certification in occupational health nursing or case management preferred. Basic understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to occupational and environmental health and safety.
- 3-5 years’ experience in emergency, urgent care or an occupational health setting.
- Proficient in English, bilingual (Spanish) must
- Basic math, business financial analysis
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished.
- Makes decisions, track and trend various parameters with regards the biological program.
- Active state license as registered nurse. Certified as occupational health nurse .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any worker to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those any worker encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of communicable disease and environmental hazards inherent to this industry. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must have flexibility in hours - Rotating shifts as well as on-call duties are required
- Consistent and regular attendance required
- Travel required (10%)
12380 Clark St. Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Trojan Battery Company
Mission Statement: To promote and support the specialty practice of Occupational Health Nursing through professional development, leadership, education, and networking.
(c) 2017 Southern California Association of Occupational Health Nurses